Being safe at work is important. It is a responsibility shared by both the employer and the employee. The Port Industry Association works with Industry experts and regulators to achieve the best safety outcomes for the Industry.
Meeting 3-4 times throughout the year the subcommittee works in collaboration for continuous improvement in safety standards and best practice.
Key objectives are:
- Working with regulators on key areas of focus
- Providing effective communication to all parties, regulators and Industry members
- Lead industry thinking around best practice
- Provide collegial support and advice for one another on workforce related issues
- Central body for lobbying on behalf of our industry, including submissions on law changes (via EMA where appropriate)
Chairperson: John Gordon